The week that was,Quake,Richard Rogers, and a Green winged Teal in Leicestershire.





Over the last week, a few things have been of interest to me, last tuesday the East Midlands had an Earthquake, which woke me up with a jolt, as I thought somebody was trying to break into the house. It also reminded me of my days spent at Gateway Sixth Form College, trying to learn the basics of A' Level Geology.
Other things which caught my eye during the week was an excellent tv programme on the acclaimed architect Richard Rogers. When it comes to Architecture, I'm very much in the modernist camp and the total opposite of what the future monarch of this country thinks about Architecture.

Great buildings designed by Richard Rogers included the Lloyds Building in London, The Pompidou centre in Paris and the National Assembly of Wales in Cardiff.

Finally,on the birding front, Eyebrook Reservoir hosted a Yankee Green-winged Teal for a few days during the week.I didn't have time to see the bird but maybe it was the returning bird from the previous year?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Indiana Dave and the quest for Derbyshire Orchids 6th June 2008.