Brown Shrike OMFL!!


Above: Two record shots of the
Brown Shrike at Staines Moor.

Twitchers at the Brown Shrike!


On Tuesday following info the previous day, that a Red-backed Shrike had been re-id as a 1st winter Brown Shrike at Staines Moor, near Heathrow, West London.
So following news via my Birdnet pager it took me a couple of hours to drive to the site after leaving Leicester around 9.30am.
Arriving at the moor, it was only a matter of time until I finally saw the Brown Shrike in the nearby hawthorn bushes. Over the next hour or so, I watched the shrike as it flew around the nearby bushes and as usual I took a few record shots of the Shrike.
Happy with seeing the Shrike and it firmly on my tick list I drove home with no hold up on the motorways except for a couple of Tw*ts in a BMW and White Van Man driving like arseholes!!

Comments

Skev said…
Hopefully that short-winged bugger will still be there tomorrow morning when I am.
Anonymous said…
Hope you get 'it' Mark...we were mildly 'shitting it' after last nights clear skies....

Beast......
Skev said…
Still there at dusk, can but try. Even dipping beats working .... hmmm, maybe not.

Popular posts from this blog

Indiana Dave and the quest for Derbyshire Orchids 6th June 2008.