Soar Valley year list update.....Red Crested Pochard!


Although I have been at work all week I checked out the whole of Watermead Country Park today. For most of the day it was pretty quiet on the sightings front, but I did find a nice looking male Red-crested Pochard firstly as it flew over me by King Lear's Lake, then the Key Lakes at Birstall and then finally the waterski pit at Watermead CP North. I let John Hague know about it as it was a good bird for the Soar Valley recording area. The only other species I added to my Soar Valley year list today was a couple of Skylarks over the Watermead CP South.
So including today's sightings my Soar Valley list is now on 73 species for the year.

Comments

Dr David Boyce said…
Did you spot the Dab Chick and Pintails near the weir at Birstall lock over christmas?
davidearlgray said…
Saw the Little Grebes but not the Pintails. One Pintail is still around as it was seen yesterday by the weir in the morning but not in the afternoon!!

Popular posts from this blog

Indiana Dave and the quest for Derbyshire Orchids 6th June 2008.