Owls at Cossington again and a Swallow!

Over the weekend and tonight I checked out Cossington Meadows with the Owls usually showing from 4.30pm. Up to 3 Short eared Owls, 4 Barn Owls and maybe 4 Little Owls have been recorded in the Swan Meadow area.
If anybody gets a photo of the Owls can you let me know so I can put on the Soar Valley blog!
One other highlight of the weekend was the sighting of a Swallow over Cossington churchyard.This was the latest sighting I ever had down the Soar Valley and Leicestershire so a nice surprise to say the least.
As the Shorties seem to be the only one's inland at the moment I would imagine a constant flow of birders will be down at Cossington for the next couple of weeks?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Indiana Dave and the quest for Derbyshire Orchids 6th June 2008.