It's a Ruff at Cosso!!

Talking to John Hague last week of what birds we still need for our Soar Valley year list as it reaches the magic target of 140, I said about Ruffs being a rare bird in the Soar Valley and would be lucky to see one!
So after finishing work on Friday I nipped down to Cossington Meadows LRWT and promptly found a juvenile Ruff feeding around the Tern Pool!!
I texted a few of the Soar Valley regulars of the sighting and then took a few record shots of the bird.
So the moral of this story is maybe I should have wished for something rarer like a Semi-P or a Baird's Sandpiper as it's high time the Soar Valley had another good rarity?!

Comments

Stewart said…
Hi Dave, I'm on 140 for my 'On Foot From Home' list. I should get maybe another half dozen before close of play. I'm really after a Yellow Brow in the garden....See my list at the right hand side of my blog. Its been a good year so far.

S...

Popular posts from this blog

Indiana Dave and the quest for Derbyshire Orchids 6th June 2008.