No sign of Laughing Gull in Leicestershire,but.....Un cuppa TV

Following news on Saturday evening of a Laughing Gull at Foremark Reservoir in nearby Derbyshire, I decided to check out Albert Village Lake, as the bird might drop in to this site the next day?!
So over a couple of hours looking at the gulls, there was no sign of the Laughing Gull but I did find 2 Adult Caspian Gulls and a single Adult Yellow-legged Gull.
Trying to digiscope the gulls I had forgotten to put my flashcard back into the camera, so no photos of the birds! Bugger!!, and as I know that Caspian Gull is a description species for Leicestershire the best I could do was try and film them with my mobile phone!!
So below is my efforts!
Walking back to the car I noticed a flock of birds land in nearby trees and then the unmistakeable sounds of Waxwings calling! Get In!!
Watching the flock by the main road I noted at least 13 birds feeding on the nearby Rowan bushes before there moved off again towards the village.
On this note I called it a day and drove back to Leicester for a spot of work!

Comments

Anonymous said…
As they say..'nice one' with the waxwings...i still ain't seen one this winter. There seems to be just a few small flocks twatting about in the shires at the mo and it's just a matter of luck if some decide to descend from the heavens to pillage and rape a berry bush or two...

I can't be arsed to go trawling around Wigston looking for the flock that's buzzing about thataways...so maybe i don't deserve to see any..!

Heard about a flock of 8 birds in Thurnby the other day...i checked it out and zip-fuck all...they'd moved on...wanking things...

Beast....
davidearlgray said…
Only a matter of time Colin, I'm checking Hinckley Rd/West end side of Leicester most days!
Mike Watson said…
Astronomers in Leicestershire discover new planet inhabited by giant gulls...
davidearlgray said…
Cheers Mike, Planet heaven for me! lol

Popular posts from this blog

Indiana Dave and the quest for Derbyshire Orchids 6th June 2008.