Tigers v Ospreys once again....


As I got home early from Shetland, I had the chance to watch Leicester Tigers play the Ospreys on the Sunday.
Sitting tightly in the home crowd, I watched another rubbish game of rugby between these two teams.
Although I've lived in Leicester for most of my life, my family connections are rooted in Welsh history and culture, so I was supporting the Ospreys on this occasion.
As usual the game was not a great free flowing game of attacking rugby, but more like the two teams defences cancelling each other out.

Toby Flood scored all the points for the Tigers in the form of four penalties, but Jamie Hook had an off day with the boot as he missed three kicks in attacking positions.
The game was very tight right until the very end, and if Tommy Bowe had not been hauled down by his Irish International colleague Geordan Murphy very close to the try line, the Ospreys may have gone home with an unexpected victory.
With this final chance of a try the Tigers ran the clock out to win the game 12-6.
Although the Tigers won the game I think the next time the Ospreys play the Tigers again in the Heineken cup it will be a totally different game?

Comments

The Drunkbirder said…
Kick and clap shit... a dish best served up at the Tigers or better still not at all. Watch Rugby league and see people score tries instead of kicking it away all the time. Now it's gone professional RU is a dull as ditch water. I should know I've walked enough ditches on Shetland recently and they were all dull... and smelly!

Popular posts from this blog

Indiana Dave and the quest for Derbyshire Orchids 6th June 2008.