Sightings over the week.....More Gulls and couple of ticks!


Adult Med Gull at Albert Village Lake.

Over the last few days I have been spending my time between the Soar Valley, Albert Village Lake and Shawell GPs.
As usual with watching the gulls at Albert Village Lake and Shawell it has been a little bit hit or miss. The highlights have included a nice looking Adult Mediterranean Gull at Albert Village on the 3rd and 4th a ringed Lesser Black-backed Gull and an unusually dark-looking gull?! at Shawell on the 3rd.
Down on the local patch I had a couple of more ticks in the shape of a female Yellowhammer in the maize fields next to Cossington South GPs and then a Little Egret feeding in the ditches on the tern pool at Cossington Meadows. Seeing these two birds my year list is now on 91 species and probably draws me level with John?

Comments

The Drunkbirder said…
Ha ha - no way matey - I'm 2 ahead. You should get in front next week though.

Popular posts from this blog

Indiana Dave and the quest for Derbyshire Orchids 6th June 2008.