Sightings today:Mountain Blackbird or Ring Ouzel for short!


As I noticed on my pager that good numbers of Ring Ouzels had reported this morning I decided to check out the usual sites in Leicestershire for this scarce migrant bird.
At the first site (Warren Hills) I drew a blank so I then moved on to Beacon Hill CP.
On route to Beacon Hill I noted a couple of Curlews in the nearby fields and hopefully there will breed again in the Charnwood forest area.
Parking in the upper car park I did the circular walk around the top fields of the hill. Just before reaching car park again I suddenly noted a dark thrush sitting in the nearby trees which splits one of the fields.
Scoping the bird I realised straight away that I was looking at a corking female Ring Ouzel!!


More to follow soon.........

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Indiana Dave and the quest for Derbyshire Orchids 6th June 2008.