City Challenge update: Red-crested Pochard!

Nipping over to Watermead CP South in the afternoon after my early shift had finished, I was hoping to see the "probable" Nordic Jackdaw again in the car park. But scanning the lake briefly for any unusual gull I noticed straight away 3 Red-crested Pochards loafing on the lake! Oh year tick for the city list!! GET IN!?!
With this sighting my year list has now reached 75 species so far for the year.
Getting back to looking for the Jackdaw I saw the bird again, briefly next to the car park and then in the nearby fields by the former golf range (now an Indian Restaurant!!). I took a few more record shots of the bird but need to do a bit more research on the bird, before claiming it to be a proper "Nordic Jackdaw".
Red-crested Pochards at Watermead CP South


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Indiana Dave and the quest for Derbyshire Orchids 6th June 2008.