City Challenge update: Spotted Redshank!! 3rd May 2011.

Here is the latest update on the city year list: Spotted Redshank OMFL!! 
With the morning off before work in the afternoon, I checked out the usual Soar Valley sites. Sightings included the Temminck's Stint and Wood Sandpiper at Wanlip Meadows LRWT and a mobile Black Tern at Watermead CP North.
It wasn't until I got to Birstall Meadows that I struck gold, when I found a Spotted Redshank feeding on the floods! GET IN! 103 for the city year list!
As usual I sent a few texts around and phoned John Hague about the bird.
This was only the second time I had seen Spotted Redshank down the Soar Valley, so really a bit of mega for the site!
With a few more easy ticks to come, I am now targeting to get at least 115 species for my year list!?!

Comments

Anonymous said…
What 'easy' ticks are you expecting?
davidearlgray said…
Tawny Owl, Spotted Flycatcher, Little Egret, Brambling,Water Rail,one possibly two rarities and maybe Little Owl!?!

Popular posts from this blog

Indiana Dave and the quest for Derbyshire Orchids 6th June 2008.