Happy New Year, Scotland, and an Iceland Gull.


Views of Glasgow from Queen's Park.

Monument to Mary Queen of Scots last battle.

Adult Iceland Gull Strathclyde Loch.

Well its a New Year and I'm back from Scotland after visiting my brother and family in Glasgow for Hogmanay. It was great to see lots of Snow and Ice and it felt like a proper Christmas for once!
Any way back to the sightings, the only day I went birding in Glasgow was to Strathclyde Country Park, near Motherwell.
Lots of Snow,Ice and sub-zero tempertures greeted me as I parked the car and then I walked down to the Loch's shoreline. Most of the Loch was frozen over but good numbers of gulls were situated on the Ice.
Scanning the gulls it wasn't long before I found the reported adult Iceland Gull and as usual I took a few record digishots of the gull.
Over the next hour I also looked for the reported 2nd winter Ring-billed Gull at the Calder rivermouth, but my luck was out and my first dip of the year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Indiana Dave and the quest for Derbyshire Orchids 6th June 2008.