More Gulls: Caspian Gull and Glaucous Gull

Over the last couple of days I've have been gull watching at Shawell GPs in the south of the county and Albert Village Lake and Tip in the north-west.
At Shawell I found 2 Caspian Gulls (adult and 2nd winter birds) in the fields opposite the balancing lake (Ok it was in Warwickshire, but there did fly back into Leicestershire later!)
Today I checked out Albert Village Lake and the tip and again for some reason, there was hardly any gulls on the lake. So once again I looked over the tip from Pick Wood.
Although most of the gulls were a good distance away, after a few scans I picked up a 3rd winter Glaucous Gull on the banks of the tip. It was probably the bird I saw last week at Foremark Resv and as usual a took a few record shots of the bird. After that I phoned and texted the news out of the bird.
So not a bad haul for the year so far, two white-wingers and at least four different Caspers in the space of a week!
3rd winter Glaucous Gull at Albert Village Tip.
Adult Caspian Gull at Shawell.

Comments

Paul Riddle said…
What's going on Dave, all Gulls are the same aren't they??? Have a trip to Skeggy and you will see them all trying to nick ya chips! Whats all this with first winter, second winter etc etc, you have lost me!!!!!
davidearlgray said…
It's all in the detail Paul! ;-)

Popular posts from this blog

Indiana Dave and the quest for Derbyshire Orchids 6th June 2008.