Man Orchid, Lincolnshire!

I checked out a new site last week for me just over the county border into Lincolnshire for Man Orchid (Orchis anthropophora). Parking up on a nearby road verge at Copper Hill LWT, it wasn't long before I saw the target species by the road side verge. Over the next hour I noted at least 25 Man Orchids on the verges and also a new plant for me in the UK in the form of Common Star of Bethlehem (Ornithogalum umbellatum) .

Here is the link for this excellent little reserve: http://www.lincstrust.org.uk/reserves/Dukes-Covert-Copper-Hill


Close up of the Man Orchid flowers.

Side view of one of the Man Orchids.

Seen on the road side verge!

Common Star of Bethlehem.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Indiana Dave and the quest for Derbyshire Orchids 6th June 2008.