Anything for the weekend sir? Wales win, Manure lose!

 
Over the weekend, a couple of things happened which made me happy, Shane Williams showed a bit of magic scoring tries against Scotland in the Six Nations, for Wales to beat Scotland 30-15, and then Man City beat Manure 2-1 in the Manchester derby at Old Trafford. Although I am Liverpool FC supporter, I have always had a soft spot for Man City, so well done City for beating the scum.
Other things I did over the weekend included counting Ducks and Geese at my local birding patch of Watermead Country Park (please look at the Soar Valley birding website for the results) and then watched an excellent German film "The Lives of Others" about East Germany in the 1980's before the collapse of the Iron Curtain, arounded a friend house, after dining on an excellent home made Lamb Stew!

Comments

The Drunkbirder said…
Who's the mystery friend Dave?
Skev said…
Is 'lamb stew' a Welsh colloquialism for muffing Shaun the Sheep?
I'm getting the Welsh rugby success rammed down my throat constantly at the moment by my Plant Manager and European Ops. Director - both originating from the wrong side of the border. I shall soon be in the unusual position of routing for the Italians .....
The Drunkbirder said…
Offa had the right idea about Wales... build a fecking great ditch to cut them off.
Theiving buggers have got the last laugh though as they let you in for free and then charge you to get back across the Severn.
The other thing that gets me is their cheating at Scrabble using all those double f's and l's.
Ffucking wankers! ;0)
davidearlgray said…
Hi Skev and Haggis, just to let you know, I love Shaun the Sheep,especially with mint sauce!!;-)

Popular posts from this blog

Indiana Dave and the quest for Derbyshire Orchids 6th June 2008.