I spoke too soon............Pec Sand at EBR!


After finishing my latest entry(see below) and what goes and happens but a Pectoral Sandpiper is found at Eyebrook Reservoir! (Thanks to John and Colin for letting me of the bird).

Although I didn't need it for the year as I had connected with the two spring birds at Cossington Meadows, you never say no to a Yankee wader in the county. So after finishing my early shift at the general hospital, I was soon at EBR, but one slightly problem happen as I got out of car, the bloody thing flew off!, Bugger!!
So over the next half an hour I searched for the bird around the island but of course I should have just gone to the inflow end as the bird reappeared there in the matter of a few minutes.
Reaching the inflow end I meet up with Dave Mack and his daughter Hilde and spoke about next week if a biggy was found on the Scillies?
Scoping from the roadside I picked up the Sandpiper in a large group of Lapwings as it feed on the muddy shoreline, and as usual I took a few crappy record shots of the bird.
The only other notable sightings I saw at the inflow end included one male Red-crested Pochard and a couple of Pintails before driving home to watch the Ospreys play Edinburgh via BBC Wales to gem myself up for the forthcoming Tigers v Ospreys game next weekend.
So on the whole not a bad afternoon and I just wondered if any county in the UK has had three Pec Sands in one year?

Comments

Russ Malin said…
Well last year Swine Moor in East Yorks played host to 3, whilst Loch of Strathbeg, Aberdeenshire had 4 in September.

Popular posts from this blog

Indiana Dave and the quest for Derbyshire Orchids 6th June 2008.