Visible Migration at Work!?

Once again I'm on nights but what is interesting is that I can hear Redwings and Fieldfares calling as their go over the General Hospital and this is at 1.30am in the morning.
Checking out the Trektellen website it looks like a major movement of winter thrushes is occurring as large numbers were recorded on the east coast between Norfolk and Flamborough Head and the West coast of Holland and Belgium.
Although I will be asleep later this morning I would imagine good numbers of winter thrushes will be recorded at a number of inland sites via some visible migration?!......

Comments

Anonymous said…
Very impressive flocks of fieldfare yesterday heading roughly east to west round stoughton airfild area...
[Noticed on punkbirder last night that there was a bit of a 'thrush- shove' on]...

Beast
Russ Malin said…
Without being pedantic if you can't see them and only hear them how can this be visible migration.....is there such a thing as invisible migration.....I think I need to get our more......
davidearlgray said…
Yes Russ you need to get out more!Lol

Popular posts from this blog

Indiana Dave and the quest for Derbyshire Orchids 6th June 2008.